LIVING VIVID DREAMS PUBLISHING
Many songwriters affiliate themselves with PROs like ASCAP or BMI, but fail to hire a publisher as well. If you’re only registered as a songwriter, you can collect the 50% songwriter share of publishing royalties. But you’d be leaving the publisher’s share on the table.
Through an agreement called a publishing contract, a songwriter or composer “assigns” the copyright of their composition to a publishing company. In return, the company licenses compositions, helps monitor where compositions are used, collects royalties and distributes them to the composers. They also secure commissions for music and promote existing compositions to recording artists, film and television.
What We Do:
- Get your songs officially copyrighted.
- Handle the BMI paperwork to get you registered for radio airplay & performance royalties.
- Handle the SoundExchange paperwork to get you registered for streaming digital play royalties
- Assign ISRC codes to your songs so your royalties can be tracked and you get paid.
- Submit your songs to iTunes